De Nijverheid is a place where creativity seems to be limitless. But what happens when you actually limit yourself in your creativity? In the bin with thinking out of the box! On Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 September, De Nijverheid crawls into the box together with roaming cinema Opgedoekt.
In open air, we will screen two films by directors who have imposed one rule on themselves: the whole story is told in one take. Shooting a feature film length film easily takes about 30 shooting days. But these film makers challenge themselves by reducing this to a shot of a few hours. Or does it only seems so? Either way, it results in original and energetic films. Films that magnify the creative process and make you wonder: how the heck did they do it?
On both evenings there is a surprise program prior to the films: specially for these films we have invited artists to take part in this limiting challenge in their turn: make a short performance with the film as major inspiration – without giving anything away about the film.
- Location: De Nijverheid, Nijverheidskade 15, Utrecht
- Timetable: 20:00 walk in, 20:30 start introduction and surprise program, 21:00 start film screening
- All films are with English subtitles.
- We screen the films on the Nijverheid’s open-air culture terrace. So be sure to bring an extra blanket. In case of rain we move indoors.
- Come in time for the best and most comfortable spot in front of the screen. The seats are all different, but everyone will have a good view.
- Upon entering, we will give you headphones for watching the film so you can dive right into it.
- There are also three exhibits to visit prior to the film! So before you sit down, take a stroll around the grounds and have a look at Exboot, De Tunnel, Kunsthal Kloof or the open-air exhibition KunstKoers.
- Want a bite to eat beforehand? Kitchen PEUZEL is open and offers a delicious menu starring vegetables!