For our Motel Opgedoekt at extraordinary playground De Nijverheid we picked two one-of-a-kind characters you won’t easily forget.
SATURDAY AUGUST 1
🎞 Willy the 1st
Tragicomedy about the 50-year-old Willy who leaves his family home for the first time after his twin brother dies. Melancholy and deadpan comedy go hand in hand in this film that will get stuck in your head for quite some time. Ideal for suckers for synthesizer music and ugly settings of Northern France
director: Ludovic Boukherma, Zoran Boukherma, Marielle Gautier, Hugo P. Thomas | country: France | year: 2016
SUNDAY AUGUST 2
🎞 Dick Verdult – It is true but not here
You probably won’t know him, but he’s big in Japan! (And all over Latin America and Russia). Dutch cult artist Dick Verdult, better known as Dick el Demasiado, is the founder of the ‘cumbia experimental’. Get to know him through this cheerful and mosaic-like portrait. A peculiar colorful visual artist and musician who works borderless. Following him around on his tour in Peru, Columbia, and Argentina, this documentary will make you laugh and even leave you inspired.
director: Luuk Bouwman | Country: the Netherlands | year: 2017
• Location: De Nijverheid, Nijverheidskade 15, Utrecht
• All films are English subtitled or English spoken
• Tickets are online available or at the location. Make sure you have your ticket in time.
• If the weather lets us down, we move the screening + us indoors.
• Doors open 21:30, start film 22:00
• Come in time, as De Nijverheid has a cool special program for you before the screening. Word smith and storyteller Sara van Gennip writes stories to read, to see or to listen to. Around 21:45, Sara will delight us before each screening with a tailor-made performance (in Dutch) inspired by the film.