Anyone going on holiday? If the pandemic hasn’t discourage you yet to go on a voyage, these two films surely will do! Celebrate your staycation at our Motel at Bar Bolsjewiek with these two nightmares away from home.
SATURDAY AUGUST 8
🎞 Tiempo Compartido
Oh – the unlimited food, the wrist band, the entertainment team… The paradise that is known as the all-inclusive resort can easily turn into quite the opposite. In this dark comedy, we tag along with a family that is ready for a well-deserved break. But things are quickly spiraling out of a hand on all levels. Painful and hilarious.
director: Sebastián Hofmann | country: Mexico, the Netherlands | year: 2018
SUNDAY AUGUST 9
🎞 Koko-di Koko-da
Original and intelligent, but no film for happy campers, this one. You will see a lot of tent, though. We follow a couple going on a trip to find their way back to each other. When spending the night at a campsite, they get repeated visits from a trio of cruel creators. This grim tale will make you move uncomfortably in your seat, but manages to bring a message across in the most subtle and fresh way we’ve seen in a while.
director: Johannes Nyholm | country: Sweden, Denmark | year: 2019
• Location: Bar Bolsjewiek, Europalaan 20, Utrecht
• All films are English subtitled or English spoken.
• Tickets are online available or at the location. Make sure you have your ticket in time.
• Doors open 21:30, start film 22:00.
• If the weather lets us down, we’ll do our best to find a new date for this screening.
• Come in time, as Bar Bolsjewiek has a special program for you in store before the screening.